Home » The Institution » Authorities
In compliance with the Law for Protection of Personal Data:
Art. 10. (1) (New, SG,17/19) The Commission shall carry out the tasks under Art. 57 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
(2) (Repealed, Para 1, amend., SG, 17/19) Apart from the tasks under Para. 1, the Commission shall:
1. analyze and carry out overall supervision and shall ensure the observance of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, of this Act and of the legislative acts in the field of personal data protection, except in the cases under Art. 17;
2. issue legislative and normative acts in the field of personal data protection;
3. ensure the implementation of the European Commission`s decisions on the protection of personal data and the implementation of binding decisions of the European Data Protection Committee under Art. 65 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
4. participate in international cooperation with other data protection authorities and international organizations on personal data protection issues;
5. participate in the negotiation and conclusion of bilateral or multilateral agreements on matters of its competence;
6. organize, coordinate and conduct training in the field of personal data protection;
7. issue general and normative administrative acts, related to its powers in the cases, provided for by the law.
(3) (suppl. – SG 103/05; amend. - SG 91/06) The Commission shall issue a bulletin publishing information for its activity and for the taken decisions. The report of Art. 7, Para 6 shall be published in the bulletin.
(4) (new – SG 103/05; amend. - SG 91/06, repealed – SG, 17/19)
Art. 10a. (New, SG, 17/19) (1) The Commission shall exercise the powers under Art. 58 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
(2) The Commission shall have the following powers:
1. Refers to the court for breach of Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
2. provides guidance, issues guidelines, recommendations and best practices in relation to the protection of personal data.
Art. 10b. (New, SG, 17/19, amend. - SG 11/23, in force from 04.05.2023) (1) The Commission shall perform the functions of a central body for external whistleblowing in the sense of the Act on the Protection of Persons Reporting Information or Publicly Disclosing Information on Breaches.
(2) The Commission may be assigned other tasks and powers only by an Act.
Act. 10c. (New, SG, 17/19) (1) The Commission shall participate in the coordination mechanism under Art. 63 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and cooperate with the lead or with the supervisory authorities of the Member States of the European Union, including by exchanging information, providing or seeking mutual assistance or participating in joint operations under Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
(2) The forms of participation in the co-ordination mechanism, granting and request for mutual assistance and participation in joint operations, as well as the procedures under which they are implemented, shall be determined by the Rules under Art. 9, Para. 2.
Art. 10d. (New, SG, 17/19) While exercising its tasks and powers in respect of administrators or processors of personal data, which are micro-enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises within the meaning of Art. 3 of the Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises Act, the Commission shall take into account their special needs and available resources.