Home » Upcoming International Cybersecurity Forum
Upcoming International Cybersecurity Forum
The Commission for Personal Data Protection (CPDP) along with the International Legal Advice Centre – ILAC are organising International Cybersecurity Forum, which would be the first event of its kind in Bulgaria, focusing on Cyber Policies. Some of the main topics of discussion would focus on the latest trends and most disputable and frequently asked questions related to privacy and data protection in the digital environment.
The event will be attended by professionals and experts in the fields of privacy, data protection and digital issues, coming from Bulgaria, United States of America, Singapore and other countries. Business, private and public sector representatives would exchange thoughts, experiences and ideas over the numerous issues faced in our everyday lives while working and interacting in an increasingly virtual world.
Among the keynote speakers over „Cyber Policies” are:
- Ventsislav Karadjov, Chairman of the Commission for Personal Data Protection and Deputy Chair of the European Data Protection Board (EDPB)
- Assoc. Prof. Lanx Goh, Team Lead for Investigation at the Personal Data Protection Commission of Singapore, CIPM, CIPP/A/E/US, FIP;
- Krasimir Simonski, Deputy Chairman to the State e-Government Agency (SEGA);
- Ginka Hristova, CEO at International Legal Advice Center – ILAC, digital law/ cyber law expert, guest lecturer for Copyrightx at Harvard University;
- Slavi Tankein, Executive Director of ILAC, Information Security Expert, Lawyer, Data Protection Officer (DPO), Owner of DPA.BG, Chaiman/CEO of the Data Protection Alliance;
- Oren Elimelech, Chief Information Security Officer at Israel Security Agency, CISO, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, CISA, CEH, CFR, currently a cyber security expert to the Israeli government;
- Ian Evans, Managing Director for EMEA at OneTrust, prior served as Vice President and Managing Director for EMEA at AirWatch
- Sylvain Omnes, Senior advisor at Infinite eight LLC, former Executive director at GSIT, France, Honorary Chairman of the Moebius Foundation.
The event will be held in two parts. During the first part there will be lectures and discussions following the „Critical debate” format encouraging all participants to actively interact. The working language of the first panel will be Bulgarian, real-time translation for the foreign lecturers and guests will be provided.
In the second part the attendees will have the opportunity to choose between different panels that will be held in two sessions. Each participant will be able to choose which two panels he/she would like to attend, depending on his/hers preferences and interests. In order to achieve complete synergy between all the participants in the panels and the moderators, the number of the participants will be limited and all participants are required to state in advance which panels they would like to attend.
The working lead-languages of the second panel will be Bulgarian and English depending upon the moderator of the panel. Due to the format of the second part, translation will not be provided.
The event is intended as a basis for the creation of a Digital Matters Expert Community. The purpose of the Community is to create lasting links between all participants involved, to exchange ideas on legislative and practical changes in the field of digitalisation, which the Community will periodically summarize and make them public. At the end of the event, three participants will be elected to become members of the Community Mentors Board.
Date: 11 October, 2019
Venue: John Atanasoff Innovation Forum Hall, Sofia Tech Park
For more information and registration: https://ilac.eu/кибер-политики/