European Data Protection Supervisor
The EDPS is an independent supervisory authority devoted to protecting personal data and privacy and promoting good practice in the EU institutions and bodies. The EDPS` general objective is to ensure that the European institutions and bodies respect the right to privacy when they process personal data and develop new policies.
Its principal objective is:
• to monitor and ensure the protection of personal data and privacy when EU institutions and bodies process the personal information of individuals, and be consulted on new policy developments;
• to cooperate with national supervisory authorities and other supervisory bodies to improve consistency in protecting personal information;
• to advise EU institutions and bodies on all matters relating to the processing of personal information;
• to monitor new technology that may affect the protection of personal information;
• to intervene before the Court of Justice of the EU to provide expert advice on interpreting data protection law.
Information about the European Data Protection Supervisor is published HERE.